Saturday, September 12, 2015

crans

imagination

gets
smaller
with
age


crayons
get
smaller
with
use



The only "fist fight" I've gotten in was with a boy named Casey in kindergarten, over crayons.

I can't remember the context before the fight, but I remember him pulling my hair, and me punching the boy, twice my size, in the stomach.  Of course we got in trouble and had to talk to the principal.
I don't like hurting people, and I don't like using crayons. 




dear Casey and 5 year old self, 


I'm sorry for growing up
I don't know why we do,
and I can't help it. 
I wrote down some things you shouldn't forget, maybe it'll make up for it:

•don't forget to give mom hugs and to spend time with dad
•don't feel bad that your birthday is in the summer, celebrating birthdays is over rated
•brush your teeth
•find what you love to do
•tell girls they're pretty
•read more books
•love yourself
•pay attention in school

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. Honest and specific and small and true. The fist fight. And everything getting smaller. And my birthday is on the summer too, so I feel this.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really really liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read all of your posts today & i think you are one of my favorite writers in the class. top three for sure.

    ReplyDelete