Tuesday, December 8, 2015

this isn't about the blue motor scooter in my garage

dear Mr. Kyle Nelson and Mr. Colby Barton and A4 creative writing class (and anyone else reading this),


i'm afraid to share my writing and especially out loud. I tried to come up with some possible reasons as to why that is:

1. I've had bad experiences sharing in the past, and I just think of myself reading in a bad way. because I know I look nervous, I sound nervous, and me knowing that I am nervous makes me even more nervous?

2. maybe it's the (idea of a) podium? 

3. because "poetry" and "slam poetry" are different, and I don't think I write slam poetry- so when I say it out loud, it doesn't sound as good as when you read it in your head?

4. because it's personal, it's from the heart. people might not understand, even though you hear it all the time and it's so "relatable" and so *snaps* and so "uuNNH" 

5. I don't know




8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #3 big time, it frustrates me.

    I think the listening in all this is just as important as the opportunities it gives us to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear zac ford,

    1. i totally feel #4

    2. (you've read in class before and its good)

    3. (seriously)

    4. sorry we tried to peer pressure you

    5. the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear zac i love everything you do and i understand why you don't share but i still wish that you did.

    p.s. your vsco is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you

    Thanks for always being honest and real or at least trying to be

    Sorry for chanting

    ReplyDelete